Is Dublin or Victoria closer? What MUST you eat when visiting Halifax? Find out now.
Check out these 6 facts you may not know about Halifax.
- The Old Town Clock, a famous landmark, has been keeping time since 1803.
- Halifax is closer to Dublin, Ireland than it is to Victoria, British Columbia.
- There are more pubs per capita than any other city in Canada.
- Seafood is one of the thing great things you’ll find in abundance. Look for lobster, Atlantic salmon and Digby scallops on restaurant menus.
- The Halifax Explosion in 1917 was the world’s largest man-made explosion prior to Hiroshima. About 2000 people were killed and 9000 injured when the SS Mont Blanc, a French cargo ship loaded with wartime explosives collided with an empty Norwegian ship. It caught fire and 25 minutes later exploded. A tsunami and pressure wave also occurred and caused considerable damage.
- The Cunard Steamship Line was founded in Halifax in 1840.
Want to visit Halifax? Give us a call and ask about the latest specials to the east coast of Canada.
Things we blog about
Places we have blogged about
- Africa, Anywhere
- Alaska, Usa
- Alberta, Canada
- Andalusia, Spain
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Aspen, Co, United States
- Athens, Esye31, Greece
- Bali, Indonesia
- Banff, 01, Canada
- Bangkok, Thailand
- Barcelona, 56, Spain
- Beijing, China
- Berlin, Germany
- Bora Bora, French Polynesia
- Boston, Ma, United States